    required on the server ?

    Regards,
    Engin
    oldguy, Jun 2, 2005

  2. Dear Engin,

    You should refer to the Linksys documentation for this information. I
    believe that this is possible. If it is not, please consider buying a small
    hub for this purpose and "daisy-chain" this hub to one of the ports on the
    Linksys. In this manner you can support many more LAN connections using
    both hubs. This is not scalable infinitely, but unless you are doing a lof
    of network I/O, I doubt you will notice.

    --
    Brian Wehrle

    Software Test Engineer/Wireless Networking
    Microsoft Corp.

    Brian Wehrle [MSFT], Jun 3, 2005

  3. oldguy

    Jack Guest

    Hi
    Using the WAN port will create a separate network for the computers that are
    on this Router.
    Unless you specifically want to do so you have to leave the WAN port open.
    This page describe your current connection:
    http://www.ezlan.net/router_AP.htm
    This one describe what the system would look like if you use the WAN Port:
    http://www.ezlan.net/shield.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Jun 3, 2005
  4. oldguy

    oldguy Guest

    Dear Brian,

    Many thanks for your comments. I understand from another reply that there
    are some more issues that hadn't occurred to me. I will have to think on the
    subject some more.

    Regards,
    Engin

    oldguy, Jun 3, 2005
  5. oldguy

    oldguy Guest

    Dear Jack,

    Many thanks for your comments and particularly for the pointers. The issue
    of separating the network hadn't occurred to me. It looks like I have to
    think some more on it.

    Regards,
    Engin

    oldguy, Jun 3, 2005