Wireless Router + Access Point

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by stusic, Jul 18, 2008.

  1. stusic

    stusic

    Joined:
    Jul 18, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Good Evening All,

    I've got a problem and I'm hoping someone can shed some light, as I'm pulling my hair out.

    I would like to connect computers via wireless router (Belkin F5D7230-4) and access point (Belkin F5D7130). I've tried everything I can think of, read, heard and even tried for the ehck of it to get these working and the computers at either end just won't see each other. I've connected all the computers via the router and they all see each other without any problems. It's only when they're separated by the access point do the problems occur.

    For the sake of troubleshooting, etc., I've disabled all my firewalls, MAC filtering and WEP keys.

    Here are the settings I have so far:

    Belkin F5D7230-4 Router:
    Channel 11, B or G, Broadcast SSID
    IP: 192.168.1.253
    IP Pool: 1-100

    Belkin F5D7130 AP:
    Channel 11, B or G, Broadcast SSID
    IP: 192.168.1.254
    Bridging Enabled

    What's odd is when I go to set up the AP, I have to change my ip to a static address of 192.168.1.200. When I do this, it connects fine, but as soon as I return it to acquire it automatically (as the manual instructs), I can't connect anymore.

    So... waddayathink??

    Thanks Everyone,

    Phillip

    stusic, Jul 18, 2008