    I have looked at a local store but the Jargon leaves me unsure.
    Thanks in advance.
    , Apr 25, 2009

  2. Linksys Range Extender works great in a shop building I have out behind my house.
    Just plug it into an wall outlet and press a button on the side and it finds and boosts the signal.

    Richard in AZ, Apr 25, 2009

  3. Hi
    You start with One affordable Router that can Do WDS (the reason for the WDS
    support is in case you need to add more Wireless hardware).
    If you are lucky and your environment is conducive to get covered with one
    Wireless Router you are done.
    Routers that can do WDS as is are old by (Zyxel, SMC, Belkin, and some
    others have models that do WDS as is out of the Box (
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireless_Distribution_System ).
    Linksys WRT54GL, and Asus, 520GU can do WDS when flashed with DD-WRT
    firmware ( http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page ).
    Using a Laptop loaded with Netstumbler, do a Wireless survey in the house,
    http://www.netstumbler.com/downloads/
    According to the Netstumbler's signal strength reading, identify spots that
    have strong signal. and spot with weak, or No signal.
    Evaluate how you can cover the space and start placing WDS units.
    Additional Wireless Routers in WDS Mode (Wireless Network - Configuration
    Modes. ) has to be placed in spots were the signal is good about Half way to
    the dead spots.
    How many WDS units are needed? It depends on your specific environment (that
    is a good the reason to buying WDS units one at the time, try it, and decide
    on the Next step).
    Otherwise.
    Wireless Router as an AP - http://www.ezlan.net/router_AP.html
    Wireless Modes - http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Modes.html