    work at this range? Some of the the wireless ADSL router boxes in PC World
    were claiming 500 metre range (albeit at a 1Mbd link rate). Has anyone any
    experience of operating at long ranges; how succesful was it?

    nospam, Oct 23, 2004

  2. nospam

    Jack Guest

    Hi
    80 Meters Indoor? Nah Outdoor it depends on the envioroment.

    This page has in the middle general info about Range.

    Wireless hardware: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Hardware.html

    As well as few solutions here.

    Wireless Bridging: http://www.ezlan.net/bridging.html

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "nospam" <> wrote in message
    > I currently have non networked PCs with 56K dialup access, and am
    > considering changing this setup to a wireless network with broadband

    access.

    > I would like to include in the newtwork a PC located at about 80 metres

    away

    Jack, Oct 23, 2004

  3. nospam

    nospam Guest

    It will be house to house - so a couple of brick walls and some (well
    mostly) free space, with a tree in the way.
    I could try mounting the antenna in the window to avoid transmission loss
    through 2 brick walls, or maybe in the loft ( 2 sets of concrete tiles
    instead).
    Thanks for the links, they look useful.

    nospam, Oct 25, 2004