    Thanks,
    Tony
    For replies, please correct my email address.
    Tony P., Jun 21, 2007

  2. In most cases, if you have two connections, the computer will use the faster one except you have assigned the metric manually. However, the computer may have an issue with two NICs use the same IP range. You may want to create a batch file to auto switch between the NICs.

    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    "Tony P." <> wrote in message news:%...
    Hello,

    I have a Dell Inspiron 8600 laptop running Windows XP SP2. The PC uses both
    an internal NIC card as well as an internal wireless lan card. When I switch
    from NICK to wireless, I disable the NICK connection and enable the wireless
    connection. The same thing goes when switching from wireless to NICK. Is
    this method really necessary? Or is there an easier way to switch
    connections?

    Robert L [MVP - Networking], Jun 21, 2007

  3. Hi
    May be this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/metrics.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jun 21, 2007
  4. Tony P.

    Tony P. Guest

    Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for. Works perfectly.

    Tony

    Tony P., Jun 22, 2007