    reception?

    Thanks!

    Kyle

    KM, Jun 5, 2007

  2. KM wrote:
    > Good evening,
    >
    > Our campground now offers free wireless. My problem is that due to the
    > location of my RV I am on the fringe of their signal. I assume that it
    > is simply a wireless router with "normal" range. I can get the signal if
    > I am outside (1 or 2 bars strength) and no signal inside the RV. I am
    > using a laptop with a built in card. Anything that i can do on my end to
    > enhance my reception?

    Probably will need to use another wireless card that allows attaching an
    antenna. Almost any flat panel antenna (cheap) would be far better than
    whatever is built into the laptop. But don't get one of the little
    rubber ducky antennas, they are omni directional. Get a flat panel that
    you aim at the router.

    http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=wifi antenna

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jun 5, 2007

  3. KM wrote:
    > Our campground now offers free wireless.

    Aaaaahhhh...back to nature. It does a body good.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Jun 5, 2007
  4. Dudley Pumperdinkel, Jun 5, 2007
  5. Dudley Pumperdinkel, Jun 5, 2007
  6. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jun 5, 2007
  7. KM

    lulu Guest

    On Jun 4, 7:32 pm, "KM" <> wrote:
    > Good evening,
    >
    > Our campground now offers free wireless. My problem is that due to the
    > location of my RV I am on the fringe of their signal. I assume that it is
    > simply a wireless router with "normal" range. I can get the signal if I am
    > outside (1 or 2 bars strength) and no signal inside the RV. I am using a
    > laptop with a built in card. Anything that i can do on my end to enhance my
    > reception?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Kyle

    what service do you have?

    lulu, Jun 5, 2007
  8. KM

    Flyer Guest

    "KM" <> wrote in message
    > Good evening,
    >
    > Our campground now offers free wireless. My problem is that due to the
    > location of my RV I am on the fringe of their signal. I assume that it is
    > simply a wireless router with "normal" range. I can get the signal if I am
    > outside (1 or 2 bars strength) and no signal inside the RV. I am using a
    > laptop with a built in card. Anything that i can do on my end to enhance
    > my reception?

    park closer to the source of the signal maybe? ;-)

    P.

    Flyer, Jun 5, 2007
  9. KM

    Robb Guest

    Good morning KM,

    >Good evening,

    >Our campground now offers free wireless. My problem is that due to the
    >location of my RV I am on the fringe of their signal. I assume that it is
    >simply a wireless router with "normal" range. I can get the signal if I am
    >outside (1 or 2 bars strength) and no signal inside the RV. I am using a
    >laptop with a built in card. Anything that i can do on my end to enhance my
    >reception?

    Don't you know if you have one -- or two bars? Jacuzzi? Waterslide? Automatic
    Christmas lights? Electric Butter Warmer? Ass Heating Toilet Seat?

    Just get one of these:
    http://www.rvonline.com/single-ad.a...ialist.rvusa.com/inventory_item.asp?id=266133

    --
    Robb

    Robb, Jun 5, 2007
  10. KM

    keme Guest

    KM skrev:
    > Good evening,
    >
    > Our campground now offers free wireless. My problem is that due to the
    > location of my RV I am on the fringe of their signal. I assume that it
    > is simply a wireless router with "normal" range. I can get the signal if
    > I am outside (1 or 2 bars strength) and no signal inside the RV. I am
    > using a laptop with a built in card. Anything that i can do on my end to
    > enhance my reception?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Kyle

    Search the web:
    -Pringle yagi
    -cantenna

    keme, Jun 5, 2007
  11. KM

    Hal Clark Guest

    On Mon, 04 Jun 2007 22:32:50 -0400, KM wrote:

    > Good evening,
    >
    > Our campground now offers free wireless. My problem is that due to the
    > location of my RV I am on the fringe of their signal. I assume that it is
    > simply a wireless router with "normal" range. I can get the signal if I am
    > outside (1 or 2 bars strength) and no signal inside the RV. I am using a
    > laptop with a built in card. Anything that i can do on my end to enhance my
    > reception?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Kyle

    One solution is to use a Wireless USB adaptor and an old (unused)
    satalite dish TV antenna. Set the dish up someplace with a clear view of
    the building with the router and place the wireless adaptor on the LNB
    (mine came with a sticky pad built on). It works for me.

    Hal Clark, Jun 6, 2007