Wireless Provisioning Services and IAS Authorization DLL

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Washington Moreira, Nov 29, 2005.

  1. Hi All,

    I am trying to develop a solution with WPS technology since two months
    without success.
    I read the James McIllece's documentation (WPSDeploy.doc) many times to
    develop an IAS Authorization DLL to insert the ratEAPTLV attribute using
    RadiusExtensionProcess2 function.
    My DLL can manipulate, change/add/delete many radius attributes without
    errors.(some modifications changes the authentication type from EAP to PAP,
    so I'm avoiding this side effects). But I can not insert the ratEAPTLV
    without problems.

    First I have doubts around the documentations. Using informations gotten in
    WPSDeploy.doc and WPS SDK, I created the packet struct below:

    typedef struct _PEAPTLV_URI {

    int MandatoryRequirement:1; //Binary 1 bit, using zero

    int TLVReserverd:1; //Binary 1 bit, using zero

    int TLVType:14; //Binary 14 bits, using value 8

    UCHAR TLVValueLength; //URI length in octets

    UCHAR TLVValue[UNLEN]; //The WPS URI

    }PEAPTLV_URI, *pPEAPTLV_URI;

    OK, looking to the struct above I need to note that the field TLVValueLength
    is a UCHAR type, but from draft-josefsson-pppext-eap-tls-eap-10.txt this
    field is 16 bit value. Does the IAS implementation using a UCHAR (8 bits)
    or
    this field should be a WORD/u_short/u16 ?

    As I'm not an expert programmer as I need to be, another question is how to
    setup the RADIUS_ATTRIBUTE struct fields.
    I know that to use the "PCSTR lpValue", the RADIUS_DATA_TYPE must be
    rdtUnknown or rdtString. Which of the two is the correct one?

    On my tests I have used the two options: As rdtUnknown I get an error 87. As
    rdtString I get NO_ERROR but after this an internal error is reported by
    iassam.log as below:
    [2340] 11-28 10:58:59:328: Issuing Access-Challenge.
    [2340] 11-28 10:58:59:328: Invoking AuthorizationDLLs
    [2340] 11-28 10:58:59:328: Invoking extension IASGuest.dll
    [2340] 11-28 10:58:59:328: RADIUS_ATTRIBUTE_ARRAY.Add(rcAccessRequest, 273)
    [2340] 11-28 10:58:59:328: RadiusExtensionProcess2 returned 0
    [2340] 11-28 10:58:59:328: RasEapMakeMessage failed: An internal error
    occurred.
    [2340] 11-28 10:58:59:328: Caught COM exception: An internal error occurred.

    I'm so tired looking for one information to solve my problem. Google, books,
    MS Site ad so on. Please I need a help.

    Thanks in advance
    Washington Moreira
    Washington Moreira, Nov 29, 2005

  2. Washington Moreira

    Eliot Gable Guest

    As I stated in microsoft.public.internet.radius, I am also trying to do
    this. And so is another person in there. If anyone can help the three of us
    write one of these, it would be greatly appreciated by all. See the posts in
    these:

    microsoft.public.internet.radius
    microsoft.public.win32.programmer.networks

    Thanks for any help!

    Eliot Gable, Nov 30, 2005

  3. hi!
    i want to take my pc anywhere with internet on it,but how?
    i also trying to make it a wireless...
    then i take it outside but it still the same...
    please help...
    mhelz

    =?Utf-8?B?bWhlbHo=?=, Dec 6, 2005