    files into the wireless zero service. Or if not an API what application.

    Thanks in Advance,

    Dave

    =?Utf-8?B?ZGVoZWluejE=?=, Mar 2, 2005

  2. David,

    I might be wrong but the WPS authoring tool you mention creates XML files
    for use within WPS or Microsoft's "hotspot" technology. It's not exactly the
    tool you'll need if you want to just create your own wireless profiles. See
    the following CableGuy article for more information on WPS.
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/cableguy/cg1203.mspx

    If I'm following from your previous posts which Chris Gual attempted to
    answer you would like to populate the preferred network list with your
    preconfigured wireless profiles. If this is the case, then you will find it
    easier to use the IProvisioningProfileWireless::CreateProfile interface
    (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d..._2dd6673a-95cf-4c91-a8b2-57c76adc5163.xml.asp)
    i.e.

    HRESULT
    CreateProfile(
    BSTR bstrXMLWirelessConfigProfile,
    BSTR bstrXMLConnectionConfigProfile,
    GUID *pAdapterInstanceGuid,
    ULONG *pulStatus
    );

    Using this function, you can specify wireless profile through XML (see the
    sample below ) and populate them into the preferred list which can be used
    by the WZCSVC (ZeroConfig) service to connect. Here is an example of the
    wireless profile XML data
    (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...d88ef77-a32e-4a15-9601-f1bf1e72dcac.xml.asp):

    <?xml version="1.0" ?>
    <WirelessProfile
    http:"//www.microsoft.com/provisioning/WirelessProfile">
    <version>1</version>
    <ssid>SampleWISPNet</ssid>
    <connectionType>ESS</connectionType>
    <authentication>WPAPSK</authentication>
    <encryption>TKIP</encryption>
    <networkKey>WirelessKey!0</networkKey>
    <keyProvidedAutomatically>FALSE</keyProvidedAutomatically >
    <IEEE802.1XEnabled>FALSE</IEEE802.1XEnabled>
    </WirelessProfile>

    --
    Oliver
    This posting is provided "AS IS", with NO warranties and confers NO rights

    Oliver Saal [MS], Mar 16, 2005