  1. If I can't connect to my wireless network with any type of protection,
    what is the best way to protect my PC's?

    thanks
    David Sherman, Jan 14, 2007

  2. Hi

    First question is, why your Wireless Security does not work?

    May be it is time for new Hardware.

    As a Band-Aid.

    Give a static IP to each computer on the network and disable the DHCP on the
    Router.

    If you Router has control on Internet traffic allows it only your static
    IPs.

    Put a software Firewall on each computer and allow Local Traffic (Trusted
    Zone) only for the IPs of your computers.

    If you have only one computer make sure that File sharing is Off.

    If you have few computers and you share files, unbind TCP/IP from Sharing,
    install NetBEUI, and bind it to the sharing.

    It would help to protected you from people that are not very computer savvy.

    Real geeks might be able to get to the Internet but your own computers would
    be relatively safe. (http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Security.html ).

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jan 14, 2007