Wireless problems

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Michael D Jones, Nov 12, 2005.

  1. Hi

    For over a year we had a wireless Dell laptop, running MS XP, connecting
    wirelessly through a Linksys WRT54G broadband router to an NTL set-top box
    to the internet. The Dell laptop has a Linksys PCMIA card (Linksys Wireless
    G version 1.2) came with the Linksys router.

    Now it connects but very quickly loses the internet connection, yet the
    Wireless Network Connection Status says connection is still good and signal
    strength is good.

    Using an Ethernet cable to the laptop, and all our other PCs, it connects
    with no problems.

    I was wondering if there was a conflict between a Windows XP program and the
    Linksys program in trying to wireless connect to the internet.

    Checking the Linksys help pages has not come up with a solution.

    Any suggestions gratefully received

    Mick Jones

    Work Email:
    "To Infinity and Beyond" Buzz Lightyear (Toy Story)
    "Crackin' Toast, Gromit" Wallace (The Wrong Trousers)
    Michael D Jones, Nov 12, 2005

  2. Michael D Jones

    __spc__ Guest

    Wireless problems