    range of wireless as I believe it should be better than I am experiencing.

    Thanks
    Steve
    Steve, Oct 11, 2003

  2. Steve

    Big Guest

    On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 22:02:26 +1300, "Steve" <sk_muir@1654nospam?%.xtra.co.nz>
    wrote:

    >Hi All
    >
    >I have just purchased a Dynalink RTA300W ADSL Router with wireless access.
    >I have a PCMCIA card WLC030 in my laptop. the problem is as I move my laptop
    >away from the router to my lounge the signal disappears. The distance is
    >only
    >about 12 metres away. I have tried different channels which has little
    >effect (1-14).
    >Is there anything else I can do to improve the situation. What is the
    >expected
    >range of wireless as I believe it should be better than I am experiencing.
    >
    >Thanks
    >Steve

    Mount the Antenna High up on the Router and away from metal cabinets..

    What type of walls is it trying to get through, plus large metal cabinets can
    block the reception..
    Big , Oct 11, 2003

  3. <Big > wrote in message
    > On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 22:02:26 +1300, "Steve"

    <sk_muir@1654nospam?%.xtra.co.nz>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Hi All
    > >
    > >I have just purchased a Dynalink RTA300W ADSL Router with wireless

    access.
    > >I have a PCMCIA card WLC030 in my laptop. the problem is as I move my

    laptop
    > >away from the router to my lounge the signal disappears. The distance is
    > >only
    > >about 12 metres away. I have tried different channels which has little
    > >effect (1-14).
    > >Is there anything else I can do to improve the situation. What is the
    > >expected
    > >range of wireless as I believe it should be better than I am

    experiencing.

    > >Thanks
    > >Steve
    > >

    > Mount the Antenna High up on the Router and away from metal cabinets..
    >
    > What type of walls is it trying to get through, plus large metal cabinets

    can
    > block the reception..

    Put the Dynalink unit upright on the stand it comes with
    Nathan Mercer, Oct 11, 2003
  4. Steve

    pbs Guest

    Is Big firing blanks?

    Big <> wrote:
    ??????

    Over the last few days you seem to have posted some empty messages. Is
    this intentional or am I missing something?

    Subject: Re: That stinky smell of Scumware, I smell it every time I
    visit this News Group.
    Date: 01/10/03 18:58

    <>
    Re: Outlook security But Why Use it....??? --
    05/10/03 20:17
    1

    <>
    Re: Is this another Worm doing the rounds? Yes plenty or Worms here..
    10/10/03 19:36
    3

    <>
    Re: Is this another Worm doing the rounds? Yes plenty of Worms here..
    10/10/03 21:09
    3

    <>
    Re: Sunday it's the Linux Installfest_ Only for Luni Lunux users..
    10/10/03 22:43
    1

    <>
    Re: Sunday it's the Linux Installfest_ Only Idiots need to atend..
    11/10/03 18:05
    1
    pbs, Oct 11, 2003
  5. Steve

    T.N.O. Guest

    "Steve" wrote
    > as I move my laptop
    > away from the router to my lounge the signal disappears.
    > Is there anything else I can do to improve the situation.

    Is that going through a wall, or line of site?
    T.N.O., Oct 11, 2003
  6. Steve

    T.N.O. Guest

    <Big > wrote
    > What type of walls is it trying to get through, plus large metal cabinets

    can
    > block the reception..

    This will sound stupid, but also bodies of water... people.
    T.N.O., Oct 11, 2003
  7. Steve

    Steve Guest

    Hi

    The signal has to travel thru a couple of walls, i have been told
    this model has an internal antenae, but looking at the back of it
    there is a socket with four pins just below power socket similar
    to a USB port which i was wondering if that was for an external
    antenae. I currently have the unit sitting on top of my PC tower
    standing upright on its stand.

    Thanks for your help

    Steve

    Steve, Oct 12, 2003
  8. Re: Is Big firing blanks?

    On 12 Oct 2003 , pbs wrote :

    > Big <> wrote:
    > ??????
    >
    > Over the last few days you seem to have posted some empty messages. Is
    > this intentional or am I missing something?

    > Subject: Re: That stinky smell of Scumware, I smell it every time I
    > visit this News Group.
    > Date: 01/10/03 18:58
    >
    > <>
    > Re: Outlook security But Why Use it....??? --
    > 05/10/03 20:17
    > 1
    >
    > <>
    > Re: Is this another Worm doing the rounds? Yes plenty or Worms here..
    > 10/10/03 19:36
    > 3
    >
    > <>
    > Re: Is this another Worm doing the rounds? Yes plenty of Worms here..
    > 10/10/03 21:09
    > 3
    >
    > <>
    > Re: Sunday it's the Linux Installfest_ Only for Luni Lunux users..
    > 10/10/03 22:43
    > 1
    >
    > <>
    > Re: Sunday it's the Linux Installfest_ Only Idiots need to atend..
    > 11/10/03 18:05
    > 1

    No. Stupid funnybucker puts what little he has to say in the subject line.
    The body of the message, as with all his posts, is content-free.

    --
    Nicolaas.

    - I was not CREATING a disturbance, I was improving one already there.
    Nicolaas Hawkins, Oct 12, 2003
  9. Steve

    T.N.O. Guest

    "Steve" wrote
    > The signal has to travel thru a couple of walls

    This sounds remarkably like the problem you are having.

    > , i have been told
    > this model has an internal antenae, but looking at the back of it
    > there is a socket with four pins just below power socket similar
    > to a USB port which i was wondering if that was for an external
    > antenae.

    errr, dont know, you could try the manual, it may explain what it is.

    > I currently have the unit sitting on top of my PC tower
    > standing upright on its stand.

    Well, that *should* be fine... if you can, move it so that the signal is
    travelling straight through(90 degrees) the wall, or maybe even through a
    door, see if it improves, you could try a bigger aerial on the laptop if
    that is an option.
    T.N.O., Oct 12, 2003
  10. Steve

    Mainlander Guest

    Re: Is Big firing blanks?

    In article <bm9o0p$rhr$>,
    says...
    > Big <> wrote:
    > ??????
    >
    > Over the last few days you seem to have posted some empty messages. Is
    > this intentional or am I missing something?

    Don't you know Woger posts empty messages with everything in the subject
    line?
    Mainlander, Oct 12, 2003
  11. Steve

    Big Guest

    Re: Is Big firing blanks?

    On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 21:45:40 +1300, Mainlander <*@*.*> wrote:

    >In article <bm9o0p$rhr$>,
    > says...
    >> Big <> wrote:
    >> ??????
    >>
    >> Over the last few days you seem to have posted some empty messages. Is
    >> this intentional or am I missing something?

    >Don't you know Woger posts empty messages with everything in the subject
    >line?

    Not at all, its because you are all blind and can't read them, or you have
    crappy PC's...?
    Big , Oct 12, 2003
  12. Steve

    Bret Guest

    Re: Is Big firing blanks?

    On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 22:09:51 +1300, Big wrote:

    >Not at all, its because you are all blind and can't read them, or you have
    >crappy PC's...?

    Nothing coming through on my braille screen either.
    Bret, Oct 12, 2003