    should be.
    Both desktop and laptop are in DHCP mode.

    Thanks for help

    Corrado 'Junior' Soprano, Apr 26, 2007

  2. Important question: Do you have any 2.4Ghz phones in the area? These are
    operating on the same frequency as your router and will interfere with your
    signal. Even when you are seeing an "excellent" signal, a lot of this could
    be surrounding "noise" as opposed to signal. The ideal would be switching to
    a 5.8 or 900mhz phone, but even putting some distance between phone and
    router will make a difference.

    Another thing to keep in mind if you have other networks in the area is that
    the default channel for routers seems to be 6. Changing your network to
    channels 1 or 11 will be able to bypass any interference from these other
    networks.

    =?Utf-8?B?RG93bnRvd25EYWxlQnJvd24=?=, Apr 26, 2007