    ip in the wireless tct/ip ican see both pc's in workgroup but do not have any
    internet access, to be online now i have had to replug my usb modem in.
    hopefully someone out there can help
    =?Utf-8?B?bnVrZXI=?=, Nov 12, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?bnVrZXI=?=

    Jack Guest

    You have to describe how your system is connected in more details.

    If you have a Modem/Router combo what is the roll of USB?

    If both computers can access the Internet but do not share files between
    them then this might help: http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "nuker" <> wrote in message
    > i am running a desktop on xp sp2 and a laptop on xp sp1, i have a belkin
    > modem/router i am attempting to share an internet connection(broadband
    > tiscali)but, every time i atempt to configure everything something isnot
    > working eg if in
    > tcp/ip on the wireless connection i have to allow ip to given

    automatically
    > to have internet access from the modem/router, but then i can not see

    other
    > pc's in my workgroup (which is named etc correctly), but if i manually put

    an

    Jack, Nov 12, 2004