Wireless Problems

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by mikhail, Nov 6, 2006.

  1. mikhail

    mikhail

    Joined:
    Nov 6, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    im on a wireless network right now
    i have a netgear WGT624 router
    and my wireless card is a netgear WG311T
    i can go on websites but when i try logging in to my gmail
    account on this wireless system i cant seem to log in
    but on my nes computer thats wired i can log in perfectly fine
    then also my upload speed is really really slow but my download is like
    500kb+ and when i try sending someone a file on AIM[aol instant messenger]
    it will let me send the file but it wont finish it, it would stop and and the upload speed is like 1.2kb as my friend was telling me when i was trying to send a picture file to him.. i dont know what's wrong
    also the log in problem occurs also on myspace and any other sites that require log except for yahoo im able to log in but when i try sendin an attarchment it would take soo long the file is only .66kb picturefile
    also i when i try pressin submit newthreead or any other submit button it
    wont load it so there fore im doing this on my neses computer

    On the wired computers everything is working fine, its only the wireless that i;m having problems

    im on a RoadRunner cable internet

    mikhail, Nov 6, 2006

  2. mikhail

    pantherg

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Same problem

    Hi - I'm having the exact same problem on my wireless network. I'm using a Netgear DG834N ADSL2 router/modem. When I connect to it using an ethernet cable I have no problem loading and visiting all web pages.

    However, when I use wireless from another floor in the house, I am unable to access Gmail, Picasaweb, and my functionality with Google Talk is hugely impaired (it works, but on a 1 out of 3 times sort of basis when it comes to using it for voice calls).

    Anyone have any ideas, or maybe what I can do? I have a feeling it may be related to the DNS settings... any clues? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

    pantherg, Nov 12, 2006