    The wireless connection is working perfectly at home, but in public places
    like airport it cannot be connected due to the error message of Ox800ccc0E.
    How can Imake it work?
    nanatsuaazu, Dec 7, 2008

  2. Hi
    You have to provide info about the system at home that it does connect to,
    otherwise there is no way to judge the differences.
    On the road you need to be configured as infrastructure Wireless client and
    keep the security Off to connect to free open HotSpots.
    In Hotels you need to ask for the Logon credentials.
    Error message Ox800ccc0E can also appear when your computer's Firewall, or
    the Firewall on the system that you are trying to connect to are blocking
    the connection request.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Dec 7, 2008

  3. nanatsuaazu

    nanatsuaazu Guest

    Thanks, Jack.
    At home a D-Link DSL-2500U modem conveys ADSL signal and it is connected to
    an Airlink101 router #AR525W. The laptop is a SONY VGN-C190G loaded with XP
    SP3 and a BitDefender Antivirus2008. Since I am using a router, the system
    must have been set up in the infrastructure mode. There is no firewall.

    nanatsuaazu, Dec 9, 2008
  4. Hi
    Windows XP does include Native Firewall.
    However it might be that your Wireless is not check to connect to None
    Preferred Access Point and thus connects only to whatever is on your
    preferred list.
    Look at this menu, http://www.ezlan.net/wireless/wzc3.jpg
    Make sure that the right side is checked as shown.

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Dec 9, 2008