Wireless problem

Discussion in 'General Computer Support' started by carts69, Dec 11, 2009.

1. carts69

carts69

Im pretty new to computers & need advice on making a wireless connection between the computer downstairs to the wireless one upstairs, i have a router downstairs, i have connected the other pc with a wireless USB adapter. The wireless signal bars bottom right of screen are all lit green, but when i hover over the bars with the mouse it states WEP error, i have entered the WEP numbers & letters which i belive are on a sticker under the router sticker states 'wireless key'.
    On entering for key#1 the letters & numbers wont enter for the HEX setting so i have changed it to ASCII and they went in ok. When i come out of that setting & highlight the profile & click activate it states has limited or no connectivity, i then click for information & physical address is in, IP address is in (but different to downstairs pc address), subnet mask is in, but there is no default gateway, no DNS server & no Wins server. Can anyone please from the begining tell me what i need to correct or check first? Thanks.

carts69, Dec 11, 2009
    1. Advertising

2. carts69

carts69

Anyone????

carts69, Dec 11, 2009
    1. Advertising