    broadcasting from? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks again,
    Jeff

    jeff, Jul 11, 2008

  2. "jeff" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi All and thanks in advance for helping. I just took on a new client. I
    > had
    > to reset up a client machine that accesses his network through a wireless
    > connection. I set the machine and adapter backup from scratch and now I
    > need
    > to find his wpa key to reenter in to his system.
    > My problem is this. He has a regular old linksys router acting as the
    > gateway. He has a second router acting as the wireless access point.

    You sure it is not just an WAP? It would be silly for it to be a "router".
    If so, replacing it with a WAP should be your first "improvement" to the
    network.

    > to get into the 2nd router to find out his wpa key. When I type ipconfig
    > that
    > will just give me the gateways ip, so that is no good. My question is,
    > does
    > anybody no how to find out the ip of the second router where the wireless
    > is
    > broadcasting from? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

    Netscan (SoftPerfect Network Scanner)
    http://www.softperfect.com/
    Look for the "Soccerball" icon.

    Do a scan,...find a "mystery device" on the LAN,..that's probably it. Also
    if they are both Linksys and if you pick up the MAC Address the first half
    of it should be identical the the other Linksys Router because the first
    half of the MAC identifies the manufacturer.

    --
    Phillip Windell
    www.wandtv.com

    Phillip Windell, Jul 14, 2008