    I read that the 11mbps needs a strong signal to make a wireless connection?
    Or may be the recevier sensitivity is low?

    Can anyone give me a clue?

    =?Utf-8?B?a2FyZWVt?=, Feb 22, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?a2FyZWVt?=

    James Gockel Guest

    Could the network just be slow?
    Are there other computers on the wireless that are getting faster speeds?
    If you hard wire connect up to it, do you get faster speeds?
    Are there anyone using alot of bandwidth?
    Are you (or another computer) doing alot of Peer to Peer Sharing? (that can
    have a major affect on wireless networks. or any network for that matter...)

    -James G.

    James Gockel, Feb 22, 2006

  3. well , i was monitoring the bandwidth of the network , the bandwidth was
    normal and the same problem happens another laptops from different brands ,
    even the bandwidth is not consumed , and as to the peer to peer sharing ,
    from the bandwidth monitor and the traffic on the network , there is not peer
    to peer sharing.

    and just to clarify the problem , when i am using the laptop , i get
    excellent signal but when i open the wireless network status , there is no
    transfer of data but when i raise the power managment , the browsing become
    faster and this problem does'nt happen with the PCICMA wireless cards. (DLINK)

    =?Utf-8?B?a2FyZWVt?=, Feb 23, 2006