    Is this a problem with my provider possible at Virgin ??

    Thanks

    Dee

    Deebrief, Jul 21, 2009

  2. Deebrief

    - Bobb - Guest

    Is your email set up to use LOCAL NETWORK rather than "Available network "
    ( wired vs wireless in this case)

    Check your settings
    servername , port numbers and check/compare with HIS email

    - Bobb -, Jul 21, 2009

  3. Deebrief

    JD Guest

    Deebrief wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > Just used a friend's wireless connection.
    >
    > All went well after he gave me the key paasword.
    >
    > I collected the incoming mail, then tried to send some mail. This failed
    > saying the server did not recognise the e mail address.
    >
    > Is this a problem with my provider possible at Virgin ??
    >

    > Thanks
    >

    > Dee

    Hi there

    In your Mail settings you may have to change your outgoing server (SMTP)
    as most ISP's block access to there servers from anyone not on there
    network.

    simplest way to do it is to add another account with similar settings
    but change the outgoing server to the same as your friends one.

    Good Luck

    JD

    JD, Jul 22, 2009