    another wifi network in range but I need to get my one working again.

    windows xp pro
    linksys WRT 150N
    dizzyd, May 31, 2008

  2. in this case, you may need to reset the router to the default settings. Read
    the manual how to reset it.

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net

    Robert L. \(MS-MVP\), May 31, 2008

  3. Hi
    You probably put the MAC in the wrong place.
    It should be put in the Wireless filter and thus should affect wired
    communication.
    In any case it is Not a real security measure because MAC number can be
    easily spoofed by a knowledgeable user.
    From the weakest to the strongest, Wireless security capacity is.
    No Security
    WPA-PSK__(Very Hard to Break).