    9.0.2.9 while mine is 9.0.1.9 . I wanna ask if this affect the connection
    stablility ?. I had oso tried to update the driver but it says no update for
    it. HELP !!! thx

    =?Utf-8?B?eFh4SkNZU3hYeA==?=, Jul 10, 2007

  2. OH YA and also. Im using WRT54G linksys wireless router now. And my signal is
    always excellent.. Its just that the speed always not stable. Sometimes
    54Mbps, 24Mbps, 11Mbps, 5.5Mbps or even 1Mbps. This affect my gaming !!!..
    ANYONE HELP !!! thx

    =?Utf-8?B?eFh4SkNZU3hYeA==?=, Jul 10, 2007

  3. There are lots of things that can cause your wireless signal to degrade. You
    need to check what is in the way of your signal. Microwaves, cordless phones,
    and other things can cause interference that will degrade your signal. Also,
    the farther you get from the access point, the signal is designed to lower
    its connection speed. It doesn't sound like a driver issue. Are you in the
    same room as the access point? How far are you from it? Do you move around
    alot?

    =?Utf-8?B?U3BlbmNlYXRpb24=?=, Jul 13, 2007
  4. last time im also in my room and the wireless speed is 54mbps ALWAYS. then
    after i reformat my laptop the connection speed started to be unstable..

    =?Utf-8?B?eFh4SkNZU3hYeA==?=, Jul 13, 2007
  5. =?Utf-8?B?eFh4SkNZU3hYeA==?=

    Chuck [MVP] Guest

    On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 06:32:04 -0700, xXxJCYSxXx
    <> wrote:

    >"xXxJCYSxXx" wrote:
    >
    >> I am having a problem in my wireless connection. It is veri unstable. Last
    >> time my network speed used to be 54Mbps always. But after i reformat my
    >> laptop my internet connection becomes unstable. Sometimes 54mbps sometimes
    >> 24mbps sometimes 11mbps or 5.5mbps or even 1mbps. I had check with my other
    >> friend laptop and i realise that their wireless driver is in the version of
    >> 9.0.2.9 while mine is 9.0.1.9 . I wanna ask if this affect the connection
    >> stablility ?. I had oso tried to update the driver but it says no update for
    >> it. HELP !!! thx

    >last time im also in my room and the wireless speed is 54mbps ALWAYS. then
    >after i reformat my laptop the connection speed started to be unstable..

    Did you apply the WPA patch?
    <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917021>
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917021

    Do you have only one WiFi client running?
    <http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2006/01/stabilise-your-wifi-use-only-one-wifi.html>
    http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2006/01/stabilise-your-wifi-use-only-one-wifi.html

    Other possibilities:
    <http://nitecruzr.blogspot.com/2005/11/setting-up-wifi-lan.html>