Wireless Printing

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?SmFjaw==?=, Aug 7, 2005.

  1. Sorry..I posted this under printer and fax also as I'm not sure of the proper
    forum.

    My present laptop(Toshiba) connects to my home network through a wireless
    Siemens card to the Siemens speedstream router.The router has a print server.
    I have a Canon BJC-85 hooked to the router via a parallel cable.

    When I purchased the first Toshiba laptop I could not for the life of me
    manage to install the printer as a network printer...so I just installed it
    as a local printer by plugging the cable into the LPT1 port and later changed
    the port to SCC702_P1 Shared port and everthing worked fine.I can print from
    another room.

    I bought a new Toshiba laptop(802.11 wireless) for my wife and have the same
    issues again.I can't install as a network printer but the new computer has no
    LPT1 port on it so I can't do as I did with the first one.

    The printer is a BJC-80. If anyone can offer any help or suggestions as to
    how I can install it as a network printer on the new computer it would be
    much appreciated.

    How would I find the printer address/URL?

    Thanks....Jack

    =?Utf-8?B?SmFjaw==?=, Aug 7, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?SmFjaw==?=

    Clark Guest

    Did you get an administration utility to use on your laptop for the print
    server?

    Do you have the printer drivers loaded on the laptop?

    If the laptop can talk to the router, it should be able to see the print
    server, I assume you have checked your manual, but have you gone to the
    website for hints. Some companies have very good how tos. The manual
    should tell you how to reach the printer port.

    Clark

    Clark, Aug 7, 2005