  1. I have a desktop running XP and want to print to the printer connected to
    the desktop from my wireless laptop. what do I need to do on my desktop to
    allow my laptop to have access?

    =?Utf-8?B?cmljaA==?=, Jun 29, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?cmljaA==?=

    Jim Guest

    "rich" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have a desktop running XP and want to print to the printer connected to
    > the desktop from my wireless laptop. what do I need to do on my desktop to
    > allow my laptop to have access?

    You must share the printer on the host computer.
    Many a printer requires installation of the printing software on the remote
    computer.
    Then you must enable the printing software to print on the host port.
    Yes, this is what I needed to do to allow my laptop to print on an Epson
    Photo 1280 which is connected to my desktop. The whole scheme fell apart
    when I realized that I nevertheless need to attend to the remote printer,
    and thus I saved no time or steps with remote printing.
    Jim

    Jim, Jun 29, 2007

  3. =?Utf-8?B?cmljaA==?=

    maxtaurus1 Guest