    They are both on the same network
    Ran networking wizzard on both computers
    I am not sure what else to do???
    =?Utf-8?B?TGVhZA==?=, Oct 1, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TGVhZA==?=

    Malke Guest

    Lead wrote:

    > I am trying to set up wireless printing from my laptop.
    > My printer is a local printer connected to my pc and my laptop is
    > connected by wireless internet which works fine.
    > When i try and add my printer it doesnot find the printer
    > Things that I have done are:
    > Turned on file and printer sharing
    > They are both on the same network
    > Ran networking wizzard on both computers
    > I am not sure what else to do???

    Is file-sharing between your desktop and laptop actually working? Can you
    transfer files across both ways? If the answer is no, then you haven't got
    your lan sharing set up correctly. If the answer is yes, you may need to
    run the printer installer on the laptop first. With recent HP printers,
    this is necessary and they won't work with just the Add Printer wizard in
    Control Panel.

    Provide more information as requested above. Also tell us what operating
    systems you are using and if XP, whether Home/Pro and the Service Pack
    level. Tell us what firewalls you have on both machines.

    Malke
    --
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    Elephant Boy Computers