    message that I either don't have permission to add this printer or
    that I don't have enough memory required to perform this...any help
    would be appreciated...

    Ginny36, Aug 25, 2007

  2. Many Vista printer issues are solved by installing the printer as a Local Printer. Check this link for more details.

    Vista troubleshootingVista Print Issues · Vista Slow Issues · Vista Sharing Issues. Vista VPN issues http://chicagotech.net/netforums/viewtopic.php?t=268 Vista How to ...
    www.chicagotech.net/vista/vista.htm

    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    "Ginny36" <> wrote in message news:...
    I'm trying to use a printer on a Windows 2000 computer from a Windows
    Vista wireless laptop...I can see the printer but keeps giving me a

    Robert L [MVP - Networking], Aug 25, 2007

  3. i have a question about this subject also. my printer has a usb-a and a usb-b
    port but my router only has ethernet slots. is there a cable i can get to
    connect these and if so where could i get one. and if not, what must i do to
    put my printer on the network?

    =?Utf-8?B?YnJpYW4=?=, Aug 26, 2007
  4. Ginny36

    Jim Guest

    "brian" <> wrote in message
    >i have a question about this subject also. my printer has a usb-a and a
    >usb-b
    > port but my router only has ethernet slots. is there a cable i can get to
    > connect these and if so where could i get one. and if not, what must i do
    > put my printer on the network?
    >
    > "Robert L [MVP - Networking]" wrote:
    >
    >> Many Vista printer issues are solved by installing the printer as a Local
    >> Printer. Check this link for more details.
    >>
    >> Vista troubleshootingVista Print Issues · Vista Slow Issues · Vista
    >> Sharing Issues. Vista VPN issues
    >> http://chicagotech.net/netforums/viewtopic.php?t=268 Vista How to ...
    >> www.chicagotech.net/vista/vista.htm
    >>

    >> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    >> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
    >> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
    >> "Ginny36" <> wrote in message
    >> I'm trying to use a printer on a Windows 2000 computer from a Windows
    >> Vista wireless laptop...I can see the printer but keeps giving me a
    >> message that I either don't have permission to add this printer or
    >> that I don't have enough memory required to perform this...any help
    >> would be appreciated..

    You buy a wireless or wired printer adapter. This is a device which
    receives wireless signals and converts them into files ready for printing
    (in short).
    This adapter is a small dedicated computer because there is a lot more
    needed than merely connecting cables.
    Jim

    Jim, Aug 26, 2007