    default but it does not work. I have tried to set up a network but I cannot
    seem to figure that out either. Would really appreciate some help from
    anybody. Thank you.

    nickers22, May 8, 2009

  2. nickers22

    Gordon Guest

    "nickers22" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I want to be able to print from my laptop over a wireless connection to my
    > printer. My printer is not wireless but it does have an ethernet
    > connection
    > on it. I have it connected to my wireless router this way. So can I print
    > from my laptop to my printer this way without physically connecting the
    > two?
    > I do not have any software for my printer either and I believe I did in
    > the
    > past download some when I installed the printer originally so there is
    > some
    > software already on my laptop from when it was wired to it. I have tried
    > sharing the printer on my printers and faxes and then setting it as my
    > default but it does not work. I have tried to set up a network but I
    > cannot
    > seem to figure that out either. Would really appreciate some help from
    > anybody. Thank you.

    You need to set up the printer as a NETWORK printer on your laptop. Go to
    the maker's website, download the most recent drivers and also the User
    Manual, which should have instructions on how to do this.

    --
    Asking a question?
    your OS, Service Pack level

    Gordon, May 8, 2009

  3. Hi
    Log to the support site of the printer's manufacturer you probably would
    find a download of the drivers and user manual.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    Jack [MVP-Networking], May 8, 2009
  4. nickers22

    David B. Guest

    Actually he would want to set it up as a local printer using a TCP/IP port.

    David B., May 8, 2009
  5. nickers22

    Lem Guest

    nickers22 wrote:
    > I want to be able to print from my laptop over a wireless connection to my
    > printer. My printer is not wireless but it does have an ethernet connection
    > on it. I have it connected to my wireless router this way. So can I print
    > from my laptop to my printer this way without physically connecting the two?
    > I do not have any software for my printer either and I believe I did in the
    > past download some when I installed the printer originally so there is some
    > software already on my laptop from when it was wired to it. I have tried
    > sharing the printer on my printers and faxes and then setting it as my
    > default but it does not work. I have tried to set up a network but I cannot
    > seem to figure that out either. Would really appreciate some help from
    > anybody. Thank you.

    Yes, as long as your laptop is connected to the router, either by
    Ethernet or wireless, you can print from your laptop to the printer
    without physically connecting the two.

    Follow Jack's advice. If you can't find what you need, post back with
    the make and model of your printer as well as what version of Windows
    you have on your laptop.

    --
    Lem -- MS-MVP

    Lem, May 8, 2009