    instead of a USB connection will correct the situation. Vast searches on HP's
    and Linksys' websites have not been fruitful. Anyone here seen this before?
    Please help!

    =?Utf-8?B?YmhpZ2dpbnM=?=, Sep 26, 2004

  2. Check that the printer is suitable for connection in this manner. Look to
    the manuals or look at HPs FAQs.

    If not plug it into a PC and share it with other network systems.

    =?Utf-8?B?QkFS?=, Sep 26, 2004

  3. =?Utf-8?B?YmhpZ2dpbnM=?=

    Quaoar Guest

    bhiggins wrote:
    > I have a HP Business Inkjet 1100dtn printer that works when connected
    > directly to my Toshiba laptop (Win XP SP2) via USB. However, when I
    > connect it to a Linksys Wireless-G PrintServer -- nothing. The USB
    > light on the server does not come on, and I can't print a test page
    > from the server to the printer. Interestingly, the printer was seen
    > on the network during the server's software installation, but not
    > found when HP driver installation was done. I have removed and
    > reinstalled all relevant software, as well as replaced all cables and
    > the server itself, but the same problem remains. I've even ordered a
    > parallel cable adapter for it in the hope that using a cable instead
    > of a USB connection will correct the situation. Vast searches on HP's
    > and Linksys' websites have not been fruitful. Anyone here seen this
    > before? Please help!

    Open the printer properties, ports page. Find the port for the printer.
    It should be directed to the print server, whatever its network name is
    supposed to be. You can find the server by viewing either network
    computers or by opening the entire network. The port should read
    Print_server - P1 or similar. You can edit the existing port
    description to define the server.

    You already have the driver installed, so I think you can also add a
    network printer from the Add Printer wizard, using the existing driver,
    that will allow you to browse for the print server port 1 on the
    network. It's been a while since I've installed a network printer to a
    server, but the wizard will ask for the driver so you can use the list
    option to direct it to the already installed driver.

    Quaoar, Sep 26, 2004
  4. Don't know if you solved your problem yet but go to the Linksys website
    www.Linksys.com an click on the support tab and uber Technical Support, click
    on the Knowledge Base. For "Select a Product" pick Wireless Print Servers,
    don't select a sub product and click the Search button. Click on the
    "Setting up a Print server under Windows XP/2000 using LPR" Easy Answer ID
    146 and this should help you to properly connect.

    =?Utf-8?B?R2FyeQ==?=, Jan 10, 2005