    Thank you.

    Get MAC Address of any machine from IP
    http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...7-55bbf0fae066/get-mac-address-of-any-ma.aspx

    tim costello, Jan 7, 2010

  2. Hi
    You have to reset every thing, switch off the security and assign the
    Printers Wireless card a Static IP (read the manual).
    Enable the security when every thing works again.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

    Jack [MVP-Networking], Jan 7, 2010

  3. tim costello

    Lem Guest

    tim costello wrote:
    > I have a Belkin 54g that was hooked up to a wireless printer. Up until this past weekend it was running fine and suddenly it does not permit me to run the printer wireless anymore. When I unistalled and reinstalled the computer cannot find my SSID name of belkin54g. The router runs the internet well but I just can't seem to get it to reconnect to the printer.
    >
    > What items I should be looking at to fix this.
    >
    > Thank you.

    > Get MAC Address of any machine from IP
    > http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...7-55bbf0fae066/get-mac-address-of-any-ma.aspx

    In addition to Jack's comments ...

    It's not clear what you uninstalled and reinstalled, but if something
    (your computer? the printer?) can't find the SSID of your router, make
    sure that your router is configured to broadcast its SSID. Not
    broadcasting the SSID (or "hiding" the SSID) is not a good security
    measure and can cause problems. Also, you should change your SSID from
    "belkin54g" to something unique that you will recognize, other than your
    last name or address.

    --
    Lem

    Apollo 11 - 40 years ago: