    anonymus Guest

    Anyone knows about a wireless print server that works with xp 64 bit?

    Thanks
    anonymus, May 20, 2005

  2. Haven't seen one yet that's specifically x64. But actually, ANY wireless
    print server that does tcp/ip printing should work. You still need a driver
    for the printer, whatever it is. But the print server is just a tcp/ip port
    creation. No reason you'd need anything special.

    --
    Charlie.

    As long as the print server doesn't have its own driver to access it you
    should be fine. It must however be compliant with the Standard TCP/ICP Port.

    Right click the printer
    Click Properties
    Click Ports
    Click Add Ports
    Click Standard TCP/IP Port

    Then follow the wizard through.

    ---
    simonmpoulton
    --

    Andre
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa, May 20, 2005

  3. What Andre said, quoting me in the first place. A wireless print server is OS
    agnostic. I can run it and use it for my UNIX machines or my Windows
    machines, and it doesn't matter if it's x64 or x86

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 20, 2005
  4. anonymus