    Owl Guest

    Can anyone direct me to installation instructions for a wireless print
    server? Thanks-- and happy holidays, all.
    Owl, Dec 16, 2007

  2. Owl

    Theo Guest

    If you're thinking about a commercially available wireless
    server, the best source is the manufacturer/vendor for
    product specific instructions.

    Theo, Dec 17, 2007

  3. You'll need to tell us what brand and model you've got. All I know of come
    with instructions, and if you've aquired one that doesn't have any
    instructions with it, the best resource is the manufacturer's web site. You
    should be able to download a copy of the manual there.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Dec 17, 2007
  4. Owl

    Owl Guest

    I have sorta tried that. Mine is an SMC from 2004. They say to use software
    that when downloaded doesn't start for the installation. It has a .bin
    extension. There are too many choices for me to understand using the SMC
    print server utilitiy software.

    Owl, Dec 17, 2007
  5. Again, it would be useful if you provided the actual model number. But from
    what I can tell, the SMC models that I looked at appear to have both a
    utility program and a web based configuration program. Which means that you
    don't need to load anything. You reset it back to defaults (there's a
    recessed button to reset to default.) You connect it to the network using a
    wired connection. you connect your printer. you power it on. If there's a
    DHCP server anywhere on the network (such as a wireless router), it will get
    an IP address from the DHCP server. Use a web browser to connect to that
    address and configure it.

    This has nothing to do with 64bit Windows, by the way.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Dec 17, 2007
  6. Owl

    Carlos Guest

    Owl,
    Your *.bin file is a firmware update dated 2004.
    It is by no means a driver or an instruction.
    You make no mention to your model.
    For model SMC2621W-P, go to
    http://www.smc.com/index.cfm?event=...umber=402&partNumber=2586&downloadType=0&os=0
    and download the proper manual.
    This might be the one you are looking for:
    http://www.smc.com/files/AG/MN2621W_QIG.pdf
    For model SMC2621W-U, go t
    http://www.smc.com/index.cfm?event=...umber=406&partNumber=2585&downloadType=0&os=0
    Carlos