    Sometimes I get 1ms for maybe a minute or 2, but after that its back to
    10-25 ms for 5-15 minutes...

    Suggestions greatky appreciated!

    Nicolai, Jun 3, 2008

  2. Nicolai

    Trendkill Guest

    On Jun 3, 4:39 pm, "Nicolai" <> wrote:
    > My PS3 connects to my Cisco 851w, but pings are periodically 10-25ms, which
    > is bad when transfering files and playing games...
    >
    > Sometimes I get 1ms for maybe a minute or 2, but after that its back to
    > 10-25 ms for 5-15 minutes...
    >
    > Suggestions greatky appreciated!

    Pings to what? Using p2p or bit torrent while this is happening? Or
    is someone in your home using these applications? Any large downloads
    or file transfers?

    Trendkill, Jun 3, 2008

  3. Nicolai

    Nicolai Guest

    >Pings to what? Using p2p or bit torrent while this is happening? Or
    >is someone in your home using these applications? Any large downloads
    >or file transfers?

    Pings between my PC connected to same cisco 851w with utp, and no data being
    transfered.

    I suspect some kind of powersave?

    Nicolai, Jun 4, 2008
  4. Nicolai

    TeamGracie Guest

    On Jun 4, 3:57 am, "Nicolai" <> wrote:
    > >Pings to what? Using p2p or bit torrent while this is happening? Or
    > >is someone in your home using these applications? Any large downloads
    > >or file transfers?

    > Pings between my PC connected to same cisco 851w with utp, and no data being
    > transfered.
    >
    > I suspect some kind of powersave?

    Hmm.. I use to have a similar issue with a wireless device back in the
    day, it turned out my microwave was causing RF interference, and my
    ping times would shoot up to around 100-150ms. You dont have a
    wireless phone ringing or some sort of RF interference generating
    device running during these times do you think?

    Also just my thoughts, I am not sure that 10-25ms is really bad ping
    times for a wireless device, for file transfers or otherwise. Sub
    50ms should work great for any type of online gaming, (well depending
    on round trip I suppose).
    For instance, WoW / Unreal runs great at right below sub 100ms ping
    time ( I bet :p ).

    TeamGracie, Jun 4, 2008
  5. Nicolai

    Nicolai Guest

    >> I suspect some kind of powersave?
    >
    > Hmm.. I use to have a similar issue with a wireless device back in the
    > day, it turned out my microwave was causing RF interference, and my
    > ping times would shoot up to around 100-150ms. You dont have a
    > wireless phone ringing or some sort of RF interference generating
    > device running during these times do you think?

    I dont, but the neighbor could :|

    > Also just my thoughts, I am not sure that 10-25ms is really bad ping
    > times for a wireless device, for file transfers or otherwise. Sub

    Using HFS its really bad. PS3 does not support FTP :(

    Nicolai, Jun 4, 2008
  6. Nicolai

    Nicolai Guest

    > I suggest that you track CSCsq51158. It seems that the 85xW may have
    > antenna
    > diversity enabled, which is a problem given that it only has one antenna,
    > and

    Command to disable?

    Nicolai, Jun 5, 2008
  7. Nicolai

    Nicolai Guest

    Nicolai, Jun 5, 2008
  8. Nicolai

    Nicolai Guest

    > Solution: track CSCsq51158.
    > http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugT...ls.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsq51158

    CSCsq51158 Bug Details
    The bug ID CSCsq51158 has not been properly assigned to a Cisco
    product so its details are only available to Cisco Employees. It is our
    policy to make all externally-facing bugs available in Bug Toolkit so the
    system administrators have been automatically alerted to the problem. By
    choosing to watch this bug, you will be notified when this bug details are
    available. Note: Some product enhancement requests and documentation bugs
    may not be available in Bug Toolkit.

    > Once we have code with a fix, then the 851W should work better.

    Eta? :)

    Nicolai, Jun 6, 2008