Wireless PCI card & video driver corruption

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Tony M, Jan 27, 2005.

  1. Tony M

    Tony M Guest

    This may sound weird, but a D-Link wireless 108Mbs PCI
    card I installed in my XP desktop worked fine in a
    networking capacity, but after a short while (ie 3 or 4
    reboots) I found I was getting the blue screen of death
    with my mVidea driver cited as the problem on startup and
    it would take me several attempts to get the system back
    up.

    I believed this to be completely unrelated issue to the
    wireless network until I subsequently tried the card out
    in another IBM desktop running WinME and onboard
    graphics. Sure enough after 3 or 4 boots, I started
    getting graphic problems.

    I had changed the card frequency channel from 6 to 11 to
    match my NETGEAR WGT624 router,but can't see how that
    should make any difference.

    Anyone with similar problems (and preferabbly a solution),
    I'd love to hear from you.

    Thanks in anticipation.

    Tony Mercer

    Tony M, Jan 27, 2005