    Called Linksys support and they said, "Well sir...it should not do that."
    I've tried drivers version 1.05 and 1.11 (latest).

    Any more ideas?
    Experienced but Undocumented, Oct 18, 2003

  2. "Experienced but Undocumented" <> wrote
    > Uninstalling and reinstalling the program makes it work again.

    On the plus side, we've found through playing with different settings
    *cough* some guy down the block has a much quicker internet connection than
    we do *whistles innocently*
    Experienced but Undocumented, Oct 18, 2003

  3. "Experienced but Undocumented" <> wrote
    > I'm using a WMP11 Wireless PCI card from Linksys. (OS Win2000Prof.) The
    > card installs and works. Then after one, two, maybe three or four reboots
    > it quits working.

    I didn't post this before because I thought it was coincidence, but after
    speaking to other users with my problem, we have determined that leaving the
    install CD for the card in the CD drive when you boot the computer works.
    We dunno why and Linksys doesn't seem to, either.

    Graham
    Experienced but Undocumented, Oct 18, 2003
  4. "Experienced but Undocumented" <> wrote
    > I'm using a WMP11 Wireless PCI card from Linksys. (OS Win2000Prof.) The
    > card installs and works. Then after one, two, maybe three or four reboots
    > it quits working. I open the configuration program and it says "WMP11 is
    > not installed",

    Looks like we fixed it...Linksys' setup program sets a registry value wrong:
    http://www.broadbandreports.com/forum/remark,4844275~root=equip,16~mode=flat;start=22
    Experienced but Undocumented, Oct 18, 2003