    use it. What I was trying required that I use a flash drive, but I don't see
    any place for a flash drive on my router. Is there any way I can
    password-protect my already existing network?

    =?Utf-8?B?Ym9zY28=?=, May 2, 2007

  2. Hi
    You don't need a Flash drive. Out of the hundreds of models that are sold,
    very few has a Flash drive arrangement.
    Read your Wireless Router (Access Point) manual it would explain how to
    configure the security.
    In general.
    From the weakest to the strongest, Wireless security capacity is.
    No Security
    MAC
    WEP
    WPA-PSK
    WPA-AES
    WPA2
    Computers Card) should state the type of security that is available with
    your Wireless hardware.
    phrase.
    of one of the Wireless devices.
    device with a better one.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., May 3, 2007

  3. "bosco" <> wrote in message
    > I'm trying to give my wireless network a password so that my neighbors
    > can't
    > use it. What I was trying required that I use a flash drive, but I don't
    > see
    > any place for a flash drive on my router. Is there any way I can
    > password-protect my already existing network?

    You can use the flash drive to save your wireless encryption settings for
    your use later or if friends and family want access to your wireless
    network. If your wireless access point/router or clients do not support WCN
    you can easily copy-n-paste the network key by opening the flash drive and
    navigating to the \Smrtntky\Wsetting.txt file and copying the key to the
    wireless access point/router or client.

    --

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    mutual benefit of all of us...