    :-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'**'``'*:-.,_,.-:
    Boston Red Sox 2004 World Series Champs
    http://members.cox.net/thebaba/WS.html

    The Baba, Jan 18, 2005

  2. The Baba

    Tony Guest

    "The Baba" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I thought I'd ask here before I started something I can't finish...
    >
    > A friend gave me a Compaq Presario 1000 to see if it can be set up for
    > wireless...I haven't researched it at all yet, and figured I'd just ask
    > here
    > quickly before I waste any time...The damn thing is a 166MHz running
    > Win95,
    > with 16MB of RAM...

    Chances of getting a wireless adaptor to run with it are remote. Suggest
    you get a nic and something like a DWL-700AP which you can set up in client
    mode and plug into the nic

    Tony, Jan 18, 2005

  3. The Baba

    The Baba Guest

    Tony says:
    >>Chances of getting a wireless adaptor to run with it are remote. Suggest

    you get a nic and something like a DWL-700AP which you can set up in client
    mode and plug into the nic >>

    Nah, I'll just tell her to forget it...She just uses her cell and doesn't
    even have a phone line to connect with the modem, plus she's too cheap to
    get broadband...She thought she could get a wireless NIC and use the
    wireless access at a local coffee shop...I told her I'd look into it, but
    why beat a dead horse?

    Thanks for the info

    --
    :-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'**'``'*:-.,_,.-:

    The Baba, Jan 18, 2005
  4. The Baba

    Alan White Guest

    Why not attach it to a rope. It could make a decent boat anchor.

    Alan White, Jan 18, 2005
  5. The Baba

    CLW Guest

    You might try an ethernet to wireless bridge. I know Dlink makes one.
    CLW

    CLW, Jan 23, 2005