    antenna.

    Thanks!

    C.

    Michael O'Donnell, Mar 31, 2009

  2. Michael O'Donnell

    Jack-MVP Guest

    Hi
    Since it yields a valid useful connection with the Modem using a Network
    cable I would first concentrate on making it working with a cable to the
    Router.
    Make sure that the TCP/IP of the wire network connection is set to Auto
    Obtain IP, and that the Router DHCP has a range to give IPs to all your
    computers.
    To check the health of the wire aspect on the computer use this page,
    http://www.ezlan.net/debug.html
    To check the Wireless, http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    Jack-MVP, Mar 31, 2009

  3. Michael O'Donnell

    Chuck [MVP] Guest

    On Tue, 31 Mar 2009 16:57:26 -0500, "Michael O'Donnell" <>
    wrote:

    >- neither will connecting the desktop to the wireless router using a cable.
    >
    >But it *will* work if I connect the desktop computer directly to the cable
    >modem with a cable.
    >
    >Other computers on the wireless work just fine.
    >
    >Any ideas?
    >
    >We're using windows XP and a DLink wireless router with a Belkin wireless
    >antenna.
    >
    >Thanks!
    >
    >C.

    Look at logs from "ipconfig /all" from the problem computer and from another one
    or two that work.

    http://networking.nitecruzr.net/2005/05/reading-ipconfig-and-diagnosing.html

    --
    Cheers,
    Chuck, MS-MVP 2005-2008 [Windows - Desktop Experience]

    Chuck [MVP], Apr 1, 2009
  4. Michael O'Donnell

    Kenny Guest

    See my post of the 30th, I was using the wrong drivers for the WLAN chipset.

    --
    Kenny Cargill

    Kenny, Apr 1, 2009
  5. Thanks for all your replies. I'll investigate these various things and see
    what I find.

    C.

    Michael O'Donnell, Apr 1, 2009