    Thanks.

    --
    carole UK
    =?Utf-8?B?Q2Fyb2xlIFVL?=, Mar 21, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Q2Fyb2xlIFVL?=

    WLW Guest

    Hi, Carole -

    If there is a driver for the Wireless NIC in the 98 system it MIGHT be
    possible, but it will probably require a lot of manual setups and add-in
    software. It is likely that you will have some serious problems.

    An Ad-Hoc Host system under Windows XP provides DHCP, DNS Relaying, and also
    routes the IP using a version of Network Address Translation. On XP this is
    set up for you by a Wizard. Windows 98 was never really designed to natively
    do any of these things.

    It would probably be easier, less expensive and less of a headache to
    upgrade to Windows XP in the desktop. It would be even easier, much less
    expensive and much less of a headache to pick up a Wireless Router. Linksys
    sells them cheaply, about $58. Then you could connect the wireless router to
    the broadband connection and connect the desktop and laptop both to the
    wireless router.
    --
    William L. Whipple
    WWW.EZine.Com