    card? Seems odd to me that multiple different vendors cards would both
    hose up.
    , Aug 11, 2006

  2. Hi
    I doubt that WinXP is to be blamed.
    It seems to me an Hardware problem.
    try to use the PCI card in another PCI slot, it might create IRQ conflict.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Aug 11, 2006

  3. Guest

    Nope, tried two PCI wireless cards in all available slots. I ended up
    just putting in a wired solution as its close enough to the router that
    wiring it isn't a problem. Strikes me as very odd though, but this is a
    "flaky" and about to be seriously cannibalized PC, fwiw.
    Jack (MVP-Networking). wrote:
    > Hi
    > I doubt that WinXP is to be blamed.
    > It seems to me an Hardware problem.
    > try to use the PCI card in another PCI slot, it might create IRQ conflict.
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > <> wrote in message
    > >I have tried an SMC USB wireless adapter, and I went and bought a Dynex
    > > PCI adapter, both g/b adapters. They cause my Windows XP system to lock
    > > up within about 10 minutes of booting. I can run ICS from my other PC,
    > > through the built in ethernet port on the PC and it runs fine. No
    > > lockups at all. Any ideas why XP doesn't like the wireless USB and PCI
    > > card? Seems odd to me that multiple different vendors cards would both
    > > hose up.

    , Aug 31, 2006