    I was able to find the name of that network (SSID) in the available wireless networks list. When i clicked on connect it asked me the security key and i entered it (i had called bsnl for the configuration of my modem,which i had done accordingly) then it took some time n said tht windows cannot connect to (the name of the network).Then i called bsnl, they asked me check sumthing n said that 'wireless zero configuration' is not present, contact ur manufacturer for it.
    I called Acer, thry said in windows vista, everything is preinstalled, there is a network problem in ur modem. I said bsnl about it and they said tht it has to be a hardware problem.

    What exactly is the problem???plz help me...what is wireless zero configuration...is it required to connect to a wireless network...what should i do to connect to my wireless network in my computer????
    abhilash1in, Oct 5, 2009

  2. abhilash1in

    Mark Fuller

    Joined:
    Dec 27, 2008
    Messages:
    20
    abhilash1n wrote :Hi,
    recently i purchased a Acer Aspire notebook. I wanted to use a wireless broad band connection as i had a bsnl type 4 modem in which there is a built-in router.
    I was able to find the name of that network (SSID) in the available wireless networks list. When i clicked on connect it asked me the security key and i entered it (i had called bsnl for the configuration of my modem,which i had done accordingly) then it took some time n said tht windows cannot connect to (the name of the network).Then i called bsnl, they asked me check sumthing n said that 'wireless zero configuration' is not present, contact ur manufacturer for it.
    I called Acer, thry said in windows vista, everything is preinstalled, there is a network problem in ur modem. I said bsnl about it and they said tht it has to be a hardware problem.

    What exactly is the problem???plz help me...what is wireless zero configuration...is it required to connect to a wireless network...what should i do to connect to my wireless network in my computer????

    Yes there is a wireless zero configuration preinstalled in windows vista and it must be started

    To start Wireless Zero Configuration in Windows Vista you need to log in as an Administrator.

    ■Click on Start and Control Panel
    ■Select Administrative Tools and then Services
    ■In the Services box scroll down the list of Services (Local) until you find the one labelled Wired AutoConfig and double click it.
    ■In the Wired AutoConfig Properties (Local Computer) box change the Startup type to Automatic
    ■Click on Start and once the service has started click on OK
    ■Now find the service labelled WLAN AutoConfig and double click it.
    ■In the WLAN AutoConfig Properties (Local Computer) box change the Startup type to Automatic
    ■Click on Start and once the service has started click on OK
    ■Go to File and Exit to close the Services window
    good luck, Mark

    If wireless zero configuration is already started, then something else is wrong.
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2009
    Mark Fuller, Oct 7, 2009