    Is there something I'm missing? Any ideas?

    Thanks,
    Travis

    Travis Hauser, Apr 25, 2006

  2. Travis Hauser

    Peter Guest

    What if you disable the firewall? Are you able to connect then?

    "Travis Hauser" <> wrote in message
    > I recently put Windows XP Service Pack 2 on my laptop and since doing

    that,

    Peter, Apr 25, 2006

  3. Sorry. I forgot to mention that I did disable the firewall. My ethernet
    connection works fine. Wireless, however, is a different story.

    Travis

    Travis Hauser, Apr 25, 2006
  4. Make sure you installed SP2 all of the way and did not interrupt it otherwise
    it can mess up your computer!

    Just a thought i might post.

    =?Utf-8?B?VGF5bG9yIE93ZW5z?=, Apr 26, 2006
  5. I am having the EXACT same problem. I have two pc's. The first connects to
    my wireless with no problem. The 2nd, shows it is connected, but can't
    obtain an ip address. If i try to connect to a neighbors wireless, which is
    not secured, I can connect without a problem. This is getting very
    frustrating. If anyone can offer some advice it would be very appreciated!!
    I have tried everything suggested here.

    =?Utf-8?B?Sl9MYW5jbG9z?=, Apr 27, 2006
  6. "J_Lanclos" wrote:

    > I am having the EXACT same problem. I have two pc's. The first connects to
    > my wireless with no problem. The 2nd, shows it is connected, but can't
    > obtain an ip address. If i try to connect to a neighbors wireless, which is
    > not secured, I can connect without a problem. This is getting very
    > frustrating. If anyone can offer some advice it would be very appreciated!!
    > I have tried everything suggested here.
    >
    > "Travis Hauser" wrote:
    >
    > > I recently put Windows XP Service Pack 2 on my laptop and since doing that,
    > > I haven't been able to connect using my wireless network. Windows shows
    > > that I am connected, but I am not able to grab an IP address.
    > >
    > > I reinstalled my drivers, tried running winsockxp fix for tcp/ip, ipconfig
    > > release/renew, and I am still not having any luck grabbing an IP address.
    > > Wireless was working fine before moving to SP2.
    > >
    > > I also tried power cycling my wireless access point. Other machines are
    > > able to connect to it without a problem.
    > >
    > > Is there something I'm missing? Any ideas?
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > Travis
    > >

    > > I am having the same problem. I have a Netgear Wireless router. I noticed that Windows did an automatic update last night and not today I have been fighting with keeping a connection. Looking for solutions now.

    DB

    =?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQ=?=, Apr 28, 2006