    straight to the ADSL line - so skipping the modem
    thanks
    Chris
    Crispy Sea, Jan 17, 2005

  2. "Crispy Sea" <> wrote in message
    news:csfv1i$ase$...
    > hi
    > I've just signed up to wanadoo ADSL.
    > does anybody know if I have to connect the free broadband modem supplied
    > my D Link DI-624 802.11g / b Wireless Router of can I connect the router
    > straight to the ADSL line - so skipping the modem
    > thanks
    > Chris

    You have to connect the modem, that is what receives the signal.
    Peter A. Stavrakoglou, Jan 17, 2005

  3. Crispy Sea

    Tony Guest

    "Peter A. Stavrakoglou" <> wrote in message
    > "Crispy Sea" <> wrote in message
    >> hi
    >> I've just signed up to wanadoo ADSL.
    >> does anybody know if I have to connect the free broadband modem supplied
    >> my D Link DI-624 802.11g / b Wireless Router of can I connect the router
    >> straight to the ADSL line - so skipping the modem
    >> thanks
    >> Chris

    > You have to connect the modem, that is what receives the signal.

    Some routers have a built in modem but the DI-642 doesn't so you will have
    to connect a modem to the WAN port. Unfortunately the free one you get from
    Wanadoo is a USB one so won't connect to the router. You need an Ethernet
    one such as
    http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=59999
    or a combo router/modem such as
    http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=48448
    Tony, Jan 17, 2005
  4. Crispy Sea

    Jack Guest

    Hi
    You do need th Modem, and you do need to make sure that you have the correct
    setup.
    DSL-PPPOE http://www.ezlan.net/PPPOE.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Jan 18, 2005