    card in the desktop. I think it was an 802.11b setup.
    From my observation the router was up + running but it didn't
    see the client computer. Now the client computer apparently
    see's the router with 50% signal strength but will not connect.
    It seems to connect with another wireless router in the
    neighborhood! Any suggestions? Should you stay with the same brand
    components?

    I didn't get to involved since this was a non paying GIG but i wanted
    the experience.

    The best part was when the young lady told me she had trouble
    understanding the tech support people speaking to her. So much for
    offshore tech support.

    Gary
    , Sep 4, 2003

  2. Make sure that your (her) wireless access point has a Site Specific ID
    (SSID) set rather than accepting 'ANY' connection. Also enable Wired
    Equivalent Privacy (WEP) encryption, set up the encryption keys and then
    make sure that the Linksys card is configured with identical settings - oh,
    and if the host PC is running Win XP, make sure XP is NOT set to manage the
    wireless connections. Sometimes removing the QoS packet scheduler from the
    network setup configuration helps.

    Good luck - let us know how you get on.

    NK
    Nigel Kendrick, Sep 4, 2003