    computer I am trying to connect IS connected to these networks but there is,
    apparently, no internet connection on them...I'm not sure if it's a firewall
    issue, a router issue or...Anyways help would be much appreciated.
    =?Utf-8?B?SGFubmFiYW5hbmE=?=, May 28, 2007

  2. Is this multihomed computer? Potting the result of ipconfig /all here may help,

    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    "Hannabanana" <> wrote in message news:...
    i recently updated a windows 98 to windows XP (although i don't think this is
    the related to the problem...) and am trying to establish a wireless network.
    The computer with the internet connection (obviously this one) has a D-link
    DSL-300G ADSL modem and a D-link wireless router. The computer I am trying to
    connect to the network has a D-link adapter. The computer I am trying to
    connect can find a 'default' wireless network and can connect to it but has
    'limited or no' connectivity. However, (although it would be nice to find a
    way to connect to that one, though I doubt I can) the (now two) networks I
    have set up on the host computer do not show up as usable networks. The
    Robert L [MVP - Networking], May 28, 2007

  3. =?Utf-8?B?SGFubmFiYW5hbmE=?=

    Lem Guest

    Hannabanana wrote:
    > i recently updated a windows 98 to windows XP (although i don't think this is
    > the related to the problem...) and am trying to establish a wireless network.
    > The computer with the internet connection (obviously this one) has a D-link
    > DSL-300G ADSL modem and a D-link wireless router. The computer I am trying to
    > connect to the network has a D-link adapter. The computer I am trying to
    > connect can find a 'default' wireless network and can connect to it but has
    > 'limited or no' connectivity. However, (although it would be nice to find a
    > way to connect to that one, though I doubt I can) the (now two) networks I
    > have set up on the host computer do not show up as usable networks. The
    > computer I am trying to connect IS connected to these networks but there is,
    > apparently, no internet connection on them...I'm not sure if it's a firewall
    > issue, a router issue or...Anyways help would be much appreciated.

    What do you mean by "the (now two) networks I have set up on the host
    computer"? How did you set up these networks? What makes you think
    that your second computer is connected to (both of?) these networks?

    You should have set up your wireless network on your router -- not on
    your computer. Did you do so? Did you configure a unique SSID?

    Please start at the beginning and describe, in as much detail as
    possible, what you have tried and what the symptoms are. And are all
    computers now Win XP? Home or Pro?

    --
    Lem -- MS-MVP - Networking

    Lem, May 28, 2007
  4. Hi
    Unfortunately your description is not clear at a level that it is possible
    to pin point the problem.
    May be this can Help.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., May 29, 2007