    I m using a wireless network on my two laptops (tiscalli uk).. connected through a router.. is it possible to have a wireless network between the both laptops so that both can share files etc.. while using internet as well...

    waiting for any response..

    Nomi
    nomirajput, Jan 12, 2009

  2. nomirajput

    technoplume

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2009
    Messages:
    55
    if your internet connection is connected in the router, this show be easy to do. Go in the Control panel, network connection. From there in the task click " Set home or office network", chose to ignore unconnected adaptor, then chose the second option " ... Connected to a residential gateway... ". Then enable file and printer sharing. Chose a name for your network and finish the wizard. Now repeat the process on the other pc / laptop usinge the same network name. You might have to reboot both machine, don't do it at the same time cause they might fight on who is the server. Then if u havent do so right click and file/document u wish to share, chose the sharing option and set it like u need. Those file should now appear in my network place / entire network / name of network / computer /. If the entire network does not show hit the F5 key to refresh and it should appear. Now if u shared nothing u should see the computer at least. They should connect to the router for the internet and be indifferent of witch pc is on, except for the network.
    technoplume, Jan 20, 2009