    Let me know if I'm being to vague or confusing in the question.
    -Dan
    , Jan 1, 2005

  2. Walter Mitty Guest

    wrote:
    > This part of the message may just be rambling, but I have to include
    > some background first.
    > I have an Xbox, and I want to get it on Xbox Live. The room that I have
    > my Xbox in is at the other end of the house from where my office is,
    > and therefor where my router is. I don't want to run the ethernet cable
    > through the ceiling, and I don't want to pay for an expensive wireless
    > gaming adapter. The same could apply to a computer I guess.
    > So, my question is: Can I buy another wireless router, hook my Xbox
    > into that, and have the second router connect to my wireless router in
    > the office so that it can get to the internet?
    > Let me know if I'm being to vague or confusing in the question.
    > -Dan

    assuming the original router is not wireless, why not just replace that
    with a wireless one?
    Walter Mitty, Jan 6, 2005

  3. HI, Im assuming you already have a wireless router, hence the "another
    wireless router" statement.

    The answer is no, you cant use another router as a wireless adapter.

    What type of router do you have?

    Some game adapters are:
    Xbox wireless 802.11g adapter
    http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/broadbandnetworking/productdetails.aspx?pid=015
    Linksys wireless 802.11b adapter WGA11B
    http://www.linksys.com/products/product.asp?grid=33&scid=38&prid=550
    US Robotics 802.11g Wireless Gaming Adapter
    http://www.usr.com/products/networking/wireless-product.asp?sku=USR5430
    Linksys WGA54G Wireless-G Gaming Adapter
    http://www.linksys.com/products/product.asp?grid=33&scid=38&prid=558
    Dlink wireless 802.11g game adapter DWL-G820
    http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=333
    Netgear 802.11g wireless game adapter WGE111
    http://www.netgear.com/products/details/WGE111.php
    2Wire Wireless Ethernet Client 802.11b http://www.2wire.com/?p=258
    SMC EZ Connect 2.4GHz 11 Mbps Wireless Ethernet Adapter (SMC2671W)
    http://www.smc.com/index.cfm?event=viewProduct&localeCode=EN_USA&pid=498
    NetGear ME101 Wireless Ethernet Bridge (ME101NA) Wireless Network Converter
    http://www.netgear.com/products/details/ME101.php

    Robert Jacobs, Jan 14, 2005
  4. By the way, most of these adapters can be had for around 50.00 USD.
    http://www.shopping.com/xFS?KW=Game Adapter &FN=Other Network Devices&FD=96292
    and probably can be found cheaper on Ebay.

    Robert Jacobs, Jan 14, 2005
  5. I think I might be in the same spot as you.

    I already have a single MN-700 in router mode hooked directly to my cable
    modem and main computer. I want to know if I can simply use another MN-700
    in AP mode to hook my xbox to the network. This way I'd also have 3 other
    ethernet ports available next to the xbox for when we have LAN parties.

    Most reviews of this product says it cannot act as a wireless bridge, yet
    acting as an Access Point, wouldn't it be doing this anyway? Is there
    something I'm not understanding?
    =?Utf-8?B?WnVrZQ==?=, Feb 28, 2005
  6. DLink Guru Guest

    The AP would have to connect to your router, via ethernet, to work. A bridge
    would connect to your xbox, via ethernet, and connect, via the wireless, to
    your network.

    DLink Guru, Mar 1, 2005