wireless networking

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Madhur Ahuja, Aug 19, 2004.

  1. Madhur Ahuja

    Madhur Ahuja Guest

    Hello
    I am trying to network 2
    PCs on
    the ground floor wirelessly using Belkin PCI cards and a Belkin
    wireless
    router. The network is now up and running, but only when the
    computers are <15 feet apart. I want to use them about 45 feet apart
    which
    is a lot less than the claimed range of the devices indoors but there
    just
    is no signal. The only obstructions are 6 block walls - but these are
    probably the problem, I guess.

    I have tried various configurations and moving the router to the 1st
    floor
    has helped a little.

    Have you any other suggestions? In particular, I don't want to buy a
    wireless access point unless I can be confident that it will solve the
    problem.

    Many thanks in advance.

    --
    Winners dont do different things, they do things differently.

    Madhur Ahuja
    India

    Homepage : http://madhur.netfirms.com

    Madhur Ahuja, Aug 19, 2004