    a floppy but the laptop has no floppy drive.also i installed a wireless pci
    card into my pc but do i stil need a network adapter and if so do i need one
    for each pc and printer
    =?Utf-8?B?cGV0ZXI5MTE0?=, Oct 25, 2006

  2. Hi
    You are much better off reading the manual and configuring your Wireless
    manually.
    It might take more time, but in the process you would get better
    understanding of the system and would be able to solve future problem and
    deal with more complicated settings.
    The following pages has general info on setting wireless and issue involved
    (they do not replace the need to read your specific hardware manuals.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Oct 25, 2006

  3. Opps, I pressed the send too soon.
    As for sharing the printer, you have two options.

    You can connected the printer to the desktop through the regular printer
    port or USB, and set it as a share printer. The laptop would be able to
    print as long as the desktop is On. Alternatively, you can get a printer
    server and make the printer Network printer. In such configuration, each
    computer can print regardless of the other computer’s status.

    You do not need more than One Network card on your computers. Most people
    usually put the Wireless Router near the desktop and connect the desktop
    with wire. It saves money and it is better in case of Wireless trouble (
    http://www.ezlan.net/faq.html#onewire )

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Oct 25, 2006