    the two different os's? and if so how do I do it? My laptop cannot access
    anything on the home pc at the moment.

    TIA
    Timax, Sep 20, 2009

  2. Hi
    Network connection wise it does not matter if the computers are x86 and or
    x64 in any mixture.
    Firewall instructions.
    Vista File and Printer Sharing-
    Windows XP File Sharing -
    Printer Sharing XP -
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
    Sharing between Windows XP and Mac -
    http://www.realifewebdesigns.com/web-resources/mac-pc-file-share.asp
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack [MVP-Networking], Sep 21, 2009

  3. Timax

    smlunatick Guest

    On Sep 21, 5:16 am, "Jack [MVP-Networking]" <>
    wrote:
    > Hi
    > Network connection wise it does not matter if the computers are x86 and or
    > x64 in any mixture.
    > Make sure that the Software Firewall on each computer allows free local
    > traffic. If you use 3rd party Firewall On, Vista/XP Native Firewall should
    > be Off, and the active Firewall has to adjusted to your Network IP numbers
    > on what is some time called the Trusted Zone (consult your 3rd Party
    > Firewall instructions.
    > General example,http://www.ezlan.net/faq#trusted
    > Vista File and Printer Sharing-http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb727037.aspx
    > Windows XP File Sharing -http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;304040http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;304040
    > Printer Sharing XP -http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/honeycutt_...
    > Windows Native Firewall setting for Sharing XP -http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    > Windows XP patch for Sharing with Vista (Not need for XP-SP3)  -http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
    > Sharing between Windows XP and Mac -http://www.realifewebdesigns.com/web-resources/mac-pc-file-share.asp
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "Timax" <> wrote in message

    > > My PC has vista HP x 64 installed and is connected to a wireless router
    > > (infrastructure) and my laptop has vista HP  32 bit os. Can I network
    > > using the two different os's? and if so how do I do it? My laptop cannot
    > > access anything on the home pc at the moment.

    > > TIA

    Also consider checking the wireless router so as to see if the unit
    has a WLAN "partition" option. This option can prevent wireless
    "client" PCs from seeing other PCs, either wireless or wired.
    smlunatick, Sep 23, 2009