    longer have this CD. Is there any way around this? Or, are there any
    wireless cards for PCs that do not have this requirement? Thanks.

    Kent
    kent, May 8, 2007

  2. Hi
    Installation of network components on Win98 usuaually requires the CD.
    No need for it in WinXP.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., May 8, 2007

  3. Try to find a suitable win98 CD. It must be exactly same
    version ("gold" or SR2) and same language version as your system.
    No serial number is needed :)
    But better get a decent new laptop and cut the trouble... seriously.
    --PA

    =?Utf-8?B?UGF2ZWwgQS4=?=, May 8, 2007