    cannot access any files or printer or internet sharing. Why is this? Its like
    they are connected but i cant do anything with them?
    Thank You

    =?Utf-8?B?dG9tbTA5OA==?=, Jul 20, 2005

  2. This is going to sound like a stupid question but are they both members of
    the same Domain or Workgroup?

    =?Utf-8?B?QW5kcmV3?=, Jul 20, 2005

  3. yes both have the same workgroup its like some permsisions might be unaccesible

    =?Utf-8?B?dG9tbTA5OA==?=, Jul 20, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?dG9tbTA5OA==?=

    Malke Guest

    tomm098 wrote:

    > Hey, can someone please help me I have recently set up an ad-hoc
    > wireless network and the connection between them is rated as
    > excellent. However i cannot access any files or printer or internet
    > sharing. Why is this? Its like they are connected but i cant do
    > anything with them? Thank You

    It sounds like you have firewalls misconfigured. The name of the
    Workgroup is irrelevant; machines with different Workgroup names can
    share files/printers.

    Here are links to help you set up your home network, including a network
    troubleshooter by MVP Hans-Georg Michna. It is worthwhile to go through
    the troubleshooter, as it will pinpoint problem area(s).

    http://www.michna.com/kb/wxnet.htm
    http://www.ezlan.net/index.html

    Malke
    --